Job Title: Porter
Location: Battersea Park, London SW11
Reports to: Head Porter Managing Agents and Board of Directors
Hours: Saturdays + Sundays; 7am - 7pm (+ potential overtime on weekdays)
Salary: £10.55ph (equivalent of £13,100PA)
Purpose & Scope of Post:
To assist with the overall running of a large block of flats in Battersea. To fulfil the duties below and, to provide any ad hoc duties as the residents may require.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To ensure security is maintained at the building. To take responsibility, in a crisis, (e.g., fire, flood, intruders), and take appropriate action.
2. To supervise any keys which are held in reception by the staff. Ensure that they are correctly logged in and out.
3. To monitor the presence of workmen around the building and supervise their activities to ensure minimum disturbance to residents. Daily records to be kept and report to Managing Agents/Board of Directors as required.
4. To supervise and monitor the registered mail and deliveries logged maintained by the staff.
You shall carry out such duties as may from time to time be specified by the Company in connection with the management and smooth operation of the Property, including but not limited to the following duties:
1. To man and ensure the smooth running of the Property during your working hours;
2. To be responsible for supervising the Property and for maintaining good working relations with all occupants at the Property (Occupants) and others lawfully visiting the Property;
3. To permit authorised people only access to the Property;
4. Provide assistance and to be polite and courteous to Leaseholders, Tenants, their guests and officers of the Company and visitors to the Property;
5. To be responsible for the general security of the Property and, when in attendance at the Property, to be fully satisfied that any visitor to the building is either a Lessee of a flat (Lessee), an authorised Tenant, Occupant or otherwise bona fide and to deny access to anybody who does not fall into these categories. In the case of any problem promptly to call the Police;
6. At the Property, regularly check all external doors and windows which could be used for unauthorised entry and to ensure that any faults in respect of any such doors or windows are remedied without delay;
7. At the property, to familiarise yourself with the positioning and operating procedure of all fire fighting and security equipment, ensure that all fire escape routes are at all times kept clear and on a weekly basis to:
(a) Ensure that they are in the correct position, clean, accessible;
(b) Carry out tests of any applicable systems as per instructions; and
(c) Ensure that all fire escape routes are kept clear.
8. At the Property, to be familiar with procedures for calling out the fire, police, ambulance, gas board, electricity board and other emergency services and immediately call out such services when necessary;
Whilst on duty you should be of tidy personal appearance, cleanly shaven and wearing the uniform provided (if appropriate).
You should refrain from smoking, swearing or shouting, being under the influence of alcohol, behaving unsociably, watching television, sleeping, eating, congregating with others, at any time whilst you are on duty.
The security of the buildings and safety of the residents is of utmost importance.
Please apply with your CV today!