Our client, a leading UK Build to Rent operator are seeking a Senior Portfolio Manager to deliver a high-quality management service, for the benefit of their clients and residents. Working on a large Build to Rent portfolio for a prominent institutional investor, the successful candidate will be managing onsite members of staff and coordinating supporting functions. Leading on mobilisation and launch of new-build assets. Producing accurate client reports demonstrating performance and asset management initiatives as required.
The candidate will have previous experience of working in Build to Rent and be able to provide a high level of service to, and establish rapport with, customers, clients and colleagues.
- Lead on property management, mobilisation and launch of new build assets. Liaising with developers and the client on a pipeline of new developments, producing and following a mobilsation schedule. Oversee and monitor lettings functions carried out by the onsite and head office teams.
- Build strong working relationships with the client, attending regular monthly meetings as part of a Service Review Group.
- Ensure accurate client reports are prepared to correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, subject to approval by line manager as required.
- Ensure that high site standards, in respect of cleaning, repair and presentation of sites under management are achieved and maintained at all times, within property budget constraints.
- Provide practical management advice and assistance to onsite Building Managers and internal team members.
- Liaise with residents as and when required. Be a point of escalation for Building Managers on complex issues.
- Improve processes and service through innovation, technology and training.
- Review cash flow regularly and ensure tenant arrears are proactively managed in conjunction with the assigned credit controller. Issuing of notices and attendance at court hearings if required.
- Expenditure approval and monitoring of spend v budget.
- Ensure that each property remains insured at all times (buildings, engineering, D&O and any other appropriate insurances) and conduct regular meetings with the insurance brokers with regards to claims and at renewal time to ensure the best renewal terms.
- Ensure that the Facilities Manager is kept fully informed as to site issues at all times and hold face to face meetings with the property management teams (onsite and FM) on a regular basis.
- Oversee health and safety compliance of blocks and meeting all appointed targets.
- Produce and co-ordinate information, in line with the business and client requirements.
- Manage and liaise with all management, technical and administration staff, on strategic and operation/service delivery issues.
- Ensure Building Managers are undertaking the correct measures to safeguard residents and that unit compliance is kept up to date on company systems.
- Ensure appropriate, clear communication lines are established and maintained with all relevant parties, to include facilities managers, accounts team, residents, suppliers and clients.
- Whilst managing a portfolio of properties you will regularly attend site and provide guidance and leadership to all site team members.
- To set clear objectives in line with company/client/team strategy and to measure performance against these
- To conduct regular 121's, team meetings and complete thorough probationary, interim and annual appraisals as per company guidelines
- To support team members in career development via training (to ensure high skill levels both technically and behaviorally), coaching, mentoring and then promotion
- To adhere to company policies with regards to people management and to role model professional behaviours at all times
- To ensure recruitment is completed professionally and in line with team/client/company goals, thinking strategically re future needs and in line with our diversity goals
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
People management and leadership experience, able to evidence:-
- Responsibility for strategic growth of teams, via recruitment and organic growth
- Proven ability to develop skills and enable personal and professional growth of individuals
- Able to delegate effectively for maximum results
- A motivator, able to create successful team working and individual performance and engagement
- Experience of successful conflict management and performance management
Skills and Knowledge
- Possesses vision and is able to develop complex strategies and solutions
- Excellent relationship builder to generate business
- Focussed: commits to challenging goals and delivers consistently against these
- Cost management: financial and commercial acumen with excellent planning, budgeting and operational reporting skills
- Continuous improvement: delivers efficiency in addition to effectiveness
- Self-starter, who relishes challenges and strives for the best
- Strong team player: builds relationships and consults with others, quickly establishes trust and credibility
- Robust and prepared to lead from the front
- Diplomatic and challenging with the ability to influence others
- Confident with a positive outlook
- Strong decision maker who gives assurance
- Ethical with strong integrity
- Someone who has innate curiosity and is eager to experiment and push the boundaries of what is possible