We are looking for an extremely well presented Saturday Concierge for a prestigious apartment block in St Johns Wood, London.
Saturdays, 9.00am - 18.30pm (8.5 hours per week)
£9 per hour
6 days annual leave
The Concierge will report directly to the Property Manager as their line manager.
- Security is of the utmost importance. You must therefore ensure that you are alert at all times paying particular attention to the security of the entrance door. You will be expected to be familiar with the workings of the CCTV and access control systems.
- The Concierge is the representative of the Employer. He/she should display a courteous and helpful attitude towards the residents of the property and to their visitors.
- You will actively greet and assist residents. You will be checking and screening all visitors and guests, contractors and service personnel on foot, at all times displaying good customer relation skills. You should be proactive in ensuring the visitor is recognised on entry, providing a strong level of customer focus. Contractors must sign in and a permit to work system will be operated at all times.
- To deal with all enquires; callers to the desk and by telephone/fax/Email. Liaison between residents, contractors and service providers as required.
- Whilst on duty, to maintain a logbook and note and record all incidents accurately. All other documents such as key books/accident books must be maintained appropriately.
- To ensure that the entrance and fire exits are clear of obstructions and to report any contravention to the Property Manager where the contravention cannot be rectified.
- To undertake inspection of the building, forecourt at regular intervals and to ensure that they are kept clean and tidy especially when cleaners are not in attendance.
- To regularly check the lifts and, the plant rooms to ensure that they are in good order.
- To ensure the log of emergency contact numbers is up to date and available for relief staff use.
- To assist (and supervise when required) all contractors employed at the property as necessary.
- To ensure that all fire precautions are in operation and that appliances are in working order. To deal with fire alerts in accordance with house procedures.
- To ensure that you read the Company Health and Safety procedures and ensure you are familiar with the standing protocols. To attend to then update the report when non-compliance is remedied.
- To report any urgent disrepair to the Property Manager/head office admin team.
- To ensure all oversized mail and parcels are signed for and kept in the designated safe location. On collection to follow the house regime regarding the control and hand-over of mail and parcels to residents.
- To maintain discretion at all times and ensure that information obtained, overheard or mentioned in passing is not at any time passed on or repeated to anyone other than to your line manager if this is necessary for management/security purposes.
- To undertake all other reasonably requested duties commensurate with the role of concierge.
- You must have experience working in a Hotel or Residential Development, Customer Service or Reception background
- Good computer skills
- It is essential that excellent oral and written communication is achieved, therefore a high level of English Language is required.
- Careful listener.
- A desire to provide focussed customer service is essential in order to achieve the highest level of service.
A clean and smart appearance must be maintained at all times. Smoking is not allowed in any area of the development. Eating and drinking is not permitted on the reception desk or anywhere other than the staff kitchen facilities. A suit/uniform will be provided and this must be kept in clean and presentable condition and must be worn at all times whilst working. Shoes must be to the house requirements.