Our client is currently seeking a Resident Services manager to oversee the day to day front of house operations of a high end residential apartment development in East London. Hours or work are 9am-6pm, working Monday to Friday.
The Resident Services Manager (RSM) is responsible for delivering exceptional, consistent service to both the current and potential Residents. The RSM reports directly to the Manager and is responsible for assisting and managing and mentoring the Front of House Operations Manager (FOH OM), Front of House Property Manager (FOH PM), Night Manager and in house maintenance operatives.
- Overall management of Marketing, Maintenance and Operational functions.
- Supporting Manager in facilitating repairs and management of the building.
- Rota, shift and absence management of FOH team including FOH OM, FOH PM, Night Manager, weekend staff and in house maintenance operatives.
- Overseeing FOH team to ensure allocated tasks are being carried out promptly and efficiently.
- Managing and mentoring FOH OM and FOH PM and assisting them in carrying out their duties as necessary.
- Managing health and safety matters, building signage and statutory compliance as follows:
o Ensuring procedures regarding H&S of guests and personnel within the building are adhered to at all times;
o Be fully conversant with the fire system in the building and be able to carry out the weekly fire tests and oversee a building evacuation if required (training will be provided). Responsible for recording results in the appropriate manner and arranging works to ensure compliance where faults identified;
o Facilitating any planned maintenance requests from GM/RSM to ensure building compliance and repair;
o Have a good understanding of repair diagnostics and potential resolutions to such issues. Be able to describe accurately faults/repairs to contractors and follow through to ensure works are completed to the necessary standard;
- Assisting GM in arranging and overseeing any major works due or underway.
- Arranging minor repairs to building and apartments with the assistance of the FOH PM and FOH OM.
- Assisting GM in keeping expenditure in line with budget.
- Providing decisive and effective first point response to Resident complaints and where appropriate arbitrating minor customer disputes to effective resolution.
- Managing third party contractors (maintenance, cleaning etc).
- Monthly building inspections.
- Apartment inspections including post-tenancy repair inspections.
In conjunction with the Marketing Department:
- Resident engagement event planning and management.
- Marketing collateral including writing descriptions, amending listings, updating banners and posters etc.
- Making suggestions regarding potential marketing avenues.
- Liaising with local businesses to establish relationships and increase brand awareness.
- Community engagement, with Residents and locals.
- Liaising with Marketing to create and distribute marketing materials.
- Overseeing tenant communications.
- Providing content and overseeing publication of newsletters.
- Keen to take ownership of the role and responsibility for the performance of the FOH team
- Ability to lead by example
- Confident and outgoing and an expert in delivering great customer service
- Well organised and efficient
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Excellent communicator
- Quick thinker
Previous experience leading a team of front of hours staff is essential and a background working in lettings would be advantageous. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo vetting and reference checks.