My client are a serviced apartment and coworking provider looking for an experienced Reservations Manager.
The purpose of the role is to manage the reservations team, overseeing all daily reservation activities along with managing group stays, online channels, revenue management and lease management contracts. To ensuring that occupancy levels are maximised at the highest possible level.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To oversee the reservations department, ensuring that monthly sales targets are delivered at all time.
- To motivate and drive the reservations team ensuring a professional and team orientated working environment
- Drive and manage reservations team performance, setting up and refining departmental procedures and be proactive towards achieving the best out of the team
- To coach, counsel, motivate and develop team members on a regular basis
- To ensure that the reservations call standards are maintained
- To ensure that budget is achieved by maximising on room sales through managing the rate levels and occupancy strategy in liaison with the Director of Sales
- To ensure the department is always adequately staffed and motivated to deliver high levels of guest service
- To ensure all training is recorded and evaluated
- Ensure that systems are maintained up to date and all reservation details are recorded with 100% accuracy
- Participate in strategy meetings and help set departmental targets to grow the business through proactive selling and effective conversion of all enquiries
- Acting as the escalation point for all issues raised within the Reservations Department
- Prepare reporting as required by Head of Revenue
- To monitor the revenue recovered from no-shows and late cancellations
- Assist the revenue executive in achieving maximum room rate, yield and conversions
- Monitor occupancy, overbooking, tracking of promotional offers, denials, rate and inventory control
- To participate in the preparation of the annual budget and revenue plan
- Collaborate with Director of Sales regarding short, mid and long-term rate strategies
Experience & Qualifications:
- Keep up to date on industry news
- Participate in business events where appropriate and be flexible as to location and hours where customer events dictate.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years' experience within management role in a Reservations/Revenue department
- Results orientated
- Customer care, excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive with high standards
- Strong IT skills and experience of PMS, booking engine and channel management systems and online agency extranets
- Must be well spoken with excellent written and oral English
- Leadership, Influencing & leading by example
- Planning and organisation, time management and prioritisation workload
- Be able to work under pressure and during periods of change
- Maintaining a smart and professional experience at all times