My client are currently seeking a permanent relief porter to exclusively cover absences at a highly prestigious residential apartment building in Knightsbridge.
The role is purely to provide cover for holiday and sick leave, so the hours will vary but will all be day shifts. The person will cover holiday for four colleagues, a total of approx 88 days per annum.
1. In your capacity as Relief Porter you report to the Building Superintendent. This role requires you to provide cover of the various shifts, when colleagues are absent due to holiday or illness.
2. Your specific responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the security measures at the property are maintained to a high standard at all times, examples include keeping a record of contractors/tradesmen working on site (times, dates etc), logging any keys issued, monitoring security camera's while on reception duty etc.
- To be alert and challenge visitors to the block who are unknown or who appear to require assistance.
- To be attentive to residents and visitors, this includes opening doors, carrying all parcels, suitcases (of a normal weight) and dealing with resident's enquiries. As set out in the 12 Points of Excellence.
- To carry out as necessary the daytime cleaning of the entrance hall, including entrance doors, lift and common parts. In addition to keep the outside path and road area tidy.
- To oversee tradesmen and contractors while they are on site, with particular regard to security.
- To assist the Management in the maintenance of records and the general administration of the block. This includes taking meter readings, noting maintenance problems, recording vacant flats etc.
- To check vacant flats on a weekly basis, part of this will include running the taps and appliances, checking for leaks etc.
- To check flats prior to occupation to ensure that they are clean, appliances work and that it is ready for the tenant.
- To carry out basic DIY as and when necessary, this may include changing a light bulb or fuse.
- To move furniture when and if required.
- To report to the Building Superintendent any health and safety concerns.
3. In addition, and consistent with your appointment as Relief Porter, you will be required to undertake other ad hoc duties as may be necessary to assist in the efficient operation and running of the property.
The successful candidate must be able to provide excellent references and be willing to undergo full vetting checks.
0207 436 0360