Exciting new opportunity to joing a student accommodation provider in a new development in Conventry!
The ideal candidate will be able to lead the team in the delivery of an outstanding student experience. You should be passionate about delivering high quality customer service, providing strong leadership to the team and ensuring the welfare and safety of the students.
The Property Manager will be reporting to the Regional Manager. Direct Reports include Administrators, Maintenance Operatives, Cleaners, Customer Service Staff. Part of the role is also the building of external relationships with university partners, local community and third party suppliers.
- Ensure the property is compliant with audit and legal Health & Safety requirements.
- Overall accountability for property performance against KPIs, including;
- Customer satisfaction
- Safety Audits
- Accountable for customer service, complaint handling (including complaints and flat disputes)
- Plan and manage property budget and profit and loss reporting.
- Ensure the property is adequately and appropriately resourced and managed to ensure a high performing and positive team.
- Manage and deliver sales across the property, to the required standards including summer sales, lead generation, marketing, relationships with Universities and other third parties.
- Build and manage community relationships e.g. neighbours, local communities, emergency services and local authorities.
- Foster effective working relationships with key University stakeholders.
- Manage and develop capability across the property team, raising performance through coaching, feedback and addressing underperformance
- Implement and manage performance improvements and customer satisfaction
- Ensure that Health and Safety legislation and policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Principal Tasks
- Review property on a regular basis, ensuring both building and staff remain safe, reviewing hazards and risks, ensuring audits have been completed and safe working practices are in place.
- Manage escalated customer-related issues and provide key emergency support, role modelling outstanding customer service to the team.
- Manage the Check in, Check out and room turnaround process
- Develop the management capability of direct reports, role modelling all people processes.
- Lead direct reports in the management and planning of resource levels to ensure appropriate staff are available to meet demands. This will include recruitment, development and succession planning.
- Hold regular meetings with direct reports to include as a minimum: monthly 1-to-1s, annual objective setting and bi-annual review.
- Work collaboratively with the wider property management team, sharing best practice to drive KPI performance.
- Take part in the on call rota, taking ownership of resolving any incidents that occur whilst on call and offering flexibility in working hours as required.
- Maintain all relevant KPI reporting.