My client are a well known and respected estate agents looking for a Portfolio Leasing Manager to join their Build To Rent team based at their head office. Responsible for all aspects of property management and compliance. To identify and deliver asset enhancement initiatives to enhance asset and increase rental and capital value to assist meet the overall company objectives.
- To carry out property inspections when required to ensure properties are maintained in accordance with lease terms and that all Landlord & Tenant lease obligations are complied with.
- Coordinating any reactive or planned repairs or maintenance required in a timely manner and ensuring good quality and value of service provided
- Dealing with all aspects of Landlord and tenant issues, including assignments and alterations, replying to enquiries and considering draft legal documentation.
- Maintaining accurate records on the relevent systems to assist in analysis and financial reporting.
- Manage Health & Safety, making certain all identified risks are dealt with in a timely manner to ensure compliance with legislation and reduction of risks.
- Tendering local maintenance contracts and monitoring performance of contractors and co-ordinating reactive and planned maintenance to a satisfactory standard.
- Identify opportunities and initiatives to enhance and increase capital and rental value. Undertaking the necessary appraisals and valuations and preparing reports to support initiatives, for approval.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities and initiatives to maximise income and capital value. Undertaking the necessary appraisals and valuations and preparing reports to support initiatives, for approval.
- Contribute to setting of budgets and subsequently ongoing monitoring of actual expenditure to assist the delivery of the company's financial targets.
- Working closely with the Finance team to ensure all rents due are collected in a timely manner and taking the appropriate action to recover outstanding debt.
- Promptly approve invoices and where applicable provide correct allocation under the service charge codes
- Have an active involvement where new developments and investment acquisitions are nearing completion to assist transition to Portfolio Management. Overseeing defects liability periods, where applicable, to ensure all snagging/defect works are carried out promptly.
- Letting vacant properties within the portfolio to reduce void periods.
- Letting strategy to include implementing a marketing strategy (boards, adverts, mailshots etc.) and appointment/monitoring of external agent where appropriate.
- Undertaking the necessary appraisals and valuations and preparing reports to support initiatives, for approval.
- Previous property management experience
- Build to rent experience desirable
- Strong knowledge of property legislation
- Awareness of Health & Safety legislation
- Strong communication skills
- Any relevant property qualifications (IOSH, NEBOSH, ARLA)
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong numeracy skills