A period luxury residential building in North West London is currently seeking an experienced porter/caretaker to oversee the day to day running of their site.
Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm & Saturday 8am - 12pm
£25,000 - £26,000
- As the Porter/Caretaker, you are to assist all residents at all times together with their guests and visitors as and when
- Be in the lobby at appropriate time to allow entry for collection from post box
- Ensure that you are always courteous, polite and positive to residents, guests, suppliers and the public in general
- Always open the door for tenants and be courteous and helpful at all times
- Monitor all persons at the property and ensure they have the right to be present
- Make a note in the diary of any tenant moving in or out and if new, take name, expected length of tenancy and details of letting agents
- Monitor the presence of workmen around the building and supervise their activities to ensure minimum disturbance to residents, and that house rules are adhered to
- Ensure that parcel deliveries for absent tenants are kept in the office and logged and that the tenant is notified immediately
- Help tenants unload shopping and watch over while they find a parking place
- Report any Health & Safety issues to the Managing Agent, and ensure full safe working practices in the building
- General bin duties
- Check the common parts are free of all items and all escape routes are clear
- Ensure the office is tidy at all times
- Watering of the plants, or more often if necessary during warm weather
- You are responsible for sweeping the private areas of the building and to hose down where necessary the road and paths
- You must keep the refuse area clean, tidy, and free of clutter
- Disinfect the floors at least once per week
- Check all drains to ensure they are kept free of leaves and litter and free flowing
- Cleaning of all mirrors, wiping down of pictures etc.
- Wiping down railings, light fittings etc.
- Wiping and polishing of all stainless steel illuminated exterior signage
- Energetic and flexible
- Hands on and able to use own initiative
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with a willingness to help others
- Passion to deal with and resolve problems relating to the building
- Provide exemplary service to residents and colleagues
- High level of safety and security consciousness
- High level of discretion and diplomacy
Previous experience working in residential apartments is essential.
The successful candidate must be able to provide excellent references and be willing to undergo full vetting checks.