Our client is seeking a Porter/Caretaker to join their team at a high end building in South West London.
The successful candidate must have previous experience working at high-end establishments such as residential apartments or a 4/5 star hotel.
Hours of Work:
We are looking for someone who is flexible and has a can-do attitude, as this is not your average Porter role.
The typical hours will be Monday to Thursday 10am to 7pm and 1pm to 10pm Fridays but this will change when undertaking holiday cover.
The Porter will be expected to cover annual leave shifts for night porters and weekend porters. Typical hours on the weekend are 8am to 8pm and the nights are 10pm to 8am or 8pm to 8am.
The role includes providing cover for all on site staff when they are on holiday which also includes the cleaning staff who work Monday to Friday 4 hours in the morning.
We therefore need someone who is able to work flexible working hours with a maximum working week of 45 hrs, working 5 days per week.
- To be present at the Reception Desk to assist residents, visitors and colleagues as and when requested
- To ensure that the highest levels of customer care and service are maintained at all times. Deal effectively with complaints, take the correct action and remain courteous at all times
- To check and screen all visitors and any contractor staff, ensuring that they have permission to be present in the building. Report any suspicious/unusual behaviour, calling the police if necessary
- To maintain the security of the building at all times, e.g. carry out regular patrols of the entire building, monitoring of CCTV, dealing with any disturbances and reporting any faults and/or security breaches found to the Building Manager
- To ensure the tidiness of the forecourt, driveway, gardens and building perimeter and assist with the cleanliness of public areas outside
- To carry out minor maintenance duties where necessary and in particular, out of normal maintenance working hours, e.g. dealing with faults, leaks and changing of light bulbs
- To comply with all relevant internal rules, policies and procedures including those relating to Health & Safety, data protection and those contained within the issued Employee Handbook
The successful candidates must be able to provide excellent references and be willing to undergo full vetting checks.