Part Time Caretaker Required in Maidenhead, Berkshire
Hours: Tues - Sat or Sun - Thurs, 8am - 12pm
Salary: £10.16 per hour
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking for a well presented and personable Caretaker to join a high end residential development based in Maidenhead.
You will be working on your own at the development with the support of the Property Managers off site. The ideal candiadte will be hands on and willing to go the extra mile for residents. As this ia a brand new site the role will be varied to start with and so we require someone with a good initiative.
- Meet and greet residents
- Maintaining the grounds
- Snagging issues
- Deal with any customer complaints in a friendly timely manner
- Post deliveries
- Changing lightbulbs
- Cleaning the communal areas
- Changing the refuse bins
- Visual inspection of all drains and gutters (including roof area) to ensure they are free from rubbish/debris/obstruction.
- Check locks of all communal doors and gates to ensure fully function. (Notify residents and agents if there are any defects.)
- Sweep external terrace area/surround of building, including external metal work & louvers (hose/wash down where necessary.)
- To be courteous and helpful to all resident as well as to residents' staff and guests and to contractors employed by the residents of the building.
- Oversight and reporting of contractors onsite, keeping PM updated on progress, close-pout and quality reports.
- Ensuring contractors are working safely at all times.
- Report any Health and Safety issues to the PM immediately.
- Prepare and keep and inventory of all tools and equipment on site. To generally maintain records of central stores for the building (light bulbs, cleaning supplies, keys etc.) in a well organised way, ensuring that an appropriate quantity are always available. (To keep all stock, material and equipment away from public access view/reach.)
- Clear footpaths and steps of snow and ice in adverse conditions.
- To be flexible and undertake duties, within reason, as required by the Managing Agents and/or the board.
- Regular testing of smoke/fire alarms,
- Be aware of any unusual damage (e.g. Possible break-in) and report to Managing Agent immediately.
- These duties are not an exhaustive list and you may be required to work overtime upon request.
- Manage the booking system for the Cinema Room and Gym