We are currently seeking a caretaker to work within a development of luxury, residential apartments. Their aim is o achieve a smooth run building, maintained to a high standard and a pleasant atmosphere for the residents, by providing a secure and responsible point of contact for all residents.
The individual will be expected to ensure that the site remains clean, tidy and well maintained at all times. The working hours are 3 hours per day on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- To provide cleaning services on the site on the site as well as any other duties required.
- Handle post and parcels and maintain the post room as required.
- Cleaning of the communal areas (reception, gym, five carpeted hallways, one hard wood floor hallway etc.).
- Cleaning of the stairwells, car park and plaza areas.
- Litter picking of the stairwells, car park and plaza (and other areas as necessary).
- Managing the bin room including emptying small bins in car park, cleaning and maintaining the bin chutes, dealing with dumped items as well as managing logistics of local authority refuse collection.
- To be courteous, polite and positive to residents, guests, suppliers and the general public.
- To monitor all persons on site and ensure they have a right to be present.
- To monitor the presence of workmen working within the building and supervise their activities to ensure minimum disturbance to residents.
- Liaise with Emergency Services as required.
- Log and report any building faults to the property manager where they cannot be resolved in the first instance. Where such defects are considered an emergency they should be reported to the property manager immediately.
- Report and monitor Health & Safety issues and ensure a safe working practice is adhered to.
- Carry out any additional duties as directed.
- Be flexible and have a hands approach. Please offer help and assistance to others where you can.
Person Skills Profile:
- Experience in cleaning/housekeeping and customer service.
- Confidence and discretion to be used when liaising with residents.
- Ability to take ownership of an operation when alone.
- Professional, precise, courteous and dedicated.
Skill / Career Experience Required:
- Experience in a cleaning role.
- Basic IT skills.
- Customer Service experience.
- Sharp eye for detail.
- Passion for delivering outstanding service.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to cope with pressure.
- Able to multi task and still deliver a top quality service.