Our client is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Operative to work at a luxury residential development located near to Reading. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a thriving team, for a well established managing agent within the residential industry. You will work closely under the Residents Services Manager, and carry out reactive and PPM repairs as part of the onsite maintenance team at a residential building consisting of 116 units with an additional 100 units.
Salary range: £23,000 to £25,000 depending on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week, to include some rotational weekends depending on the business' needs.
- Detect and carry out general maintenance tasks, repairs to fabric and finishes, throughout the building
- Carry out any painting and decorating work in the apartments, amenity space and car park - internal and external
- Carry out general repair work, plumbing and reporting any issues requiring attention or work to be carried out to the Resident Services Manager
- Checking properties prior to residents moving in
- Meter readings of properties and communal areas
- Daily & Weekly Building health and safety checks
- Monitoring council waste collections
- Changing light bulbs, lamps and fittings, in the amenity space or car park.
- Report defects (equipment, building, lighting and fabric) to the Resident Services Manager/ building developer
- Provide support and assistance to PPM and other contractors on site
- Complete inventory check in and out reports
- Undertake viewings, deal with residents enquiries, co-ordinate repairs when required
- To perform any other related activity, as directed by the Resident Services Manager, necessary to fulfil the purpose of the role as described above
The ideal candidate would be a pro-active person, with strong interpersonal skills. You must have previous experience working as a handyman or in a similar role to be considered.
Please apply with a copy of your CV, if you do not hear back from us within 14 days then you should assume you have been unsuccessful.