Our client is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Operative to work at a high end student accommodation building in East London.
- Communicate effectively, whether face to face, via telephone or in writing, with customers and colleagues, clearly understanding and responding to their needs.
- Ensure compliance, security and integrity of customer data used.
- Exercise initiative in providing excellent customer service, liaising effectively with Managers and other colleagues.
- Liaising with and monitoring on-site contractors to ensure completion of work and adherence to site health and safety procedures.
- Contribute to the delivery of the key performance indicators within the City and business.
- Responsibility for the day to day management of reactive and preventative maintenance.
- During mobilisation and warranty period, work with external contractors and Development team to support snagging and defect management through to a timely and satisfactory resolution.
- Provide specialist support for electrical/plumbing repairs throughout the property portfolio.
- Undertake regular building patrols to identify any maintenance requirements or Health and Safety risks and complete all resultant actions in accordance to the core operating procedures.
- Undertake scheduled flat inspections and recording of same. Complete all resultant actions in a timely manner.
- Record, log and monitor any maintenance issues that may arise within the property.
- Adhere to our operating processes, business systems and standards.
- Support in monitoring compliance with Planned and Reactive Maintenance procedures, such that buildings are safe for both our Customers and our Employees.
- Ensure that maintenance records are kept for the all services, inc PAT testing and fixed wiring certification.
- Ensure that all Property Documentation Files are accurate and up to date.
- Adherence to H&S policy ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are obtained/ maintained and that safe systems of work are followed, inc Permit to Work.
Qualification & Role Requirements:
- 1 year domestic electrical/plumbing/general maintenance experience.
- Intermediate level skills in business operating systems including Microsoft office.
- Demonstrable experience of effective communication both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work weekends and public holidays.
- Live within a reasonable travel distance to properties within the city.
- A background of maintenance experience in hotels and student living accommodation.
The successful candidate must be able to provide excellent references and be willing to undergo full vetting checks. Previous experience in hotels or residential buildings would be desirable