Our client is currently seeking a Maintenance Operative to work at a luxury residential development in South East London. Hours of work are Mon-Fri 08:00am - 17:00pm. Salary is £29,000 - £32,000 based on experience. Candidates must have 4 years experience in a Maintenance Operative role.
1. Provide general maintenance support to the Development.
2. Liaise with and provide access to authorised contractors and tradesmen, notifying the Development Manager of start / completion of work accordingly.
3. Report defects / incidents (either observed or reported) and take the corrective action after consultation with the Development Manager.
4. Carry out monthly emergency light system checks by consistent and regular testing and ensure monthly fire alarm checks are undertaken with Development Manager.
5. Maintain accurate records of maintenance / lighting issues.
6. Undertake any routine general repairs / refit door locks.
7. Ensure all tools are maintained and kept securely, only used by authorised personnel.
8. Pressure wash / clean bin stores on a weekly basis and ensure all footpaths and communal areas are kept clean and swept.
9. Carry out any touch up paint work in communal areas within the buildings, as and when required.
10. Carry out regular checks and maintenance of terrace areas, including watering plants.
Skills and Experience
Minimum of four years' experience in a maintenance operative position
Good experience of electrical and plumbing practices, an electrical related qualification would be an advantage
Understanding of Health and Safety regulations including COSHH and safe use of ladders
Confidence with the use of power tools and working at heights training would be an advantage
Confident, polite and courteous communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
Exceptional customer service experience, with the ability to work multi-task, prioritise and manage various task simultaneously