Our client is currently seeking a Maintenance Manager to oversee the day to day maintenance operations across a portfolio of student accommodation buildings in Central London.
To provide a secure, comfortable and safe environment for customers and colleagues by maintaining assets through management of planned preventative maintenance programmes and reactive maintenance activities.
To ensure assets within portfolio reach Health & Safety legislative requirements at all times and any mechanical and plant systems are operated safely and efficiently in line operating procedures and legal requirements.
To ensure cost effective procurement strategies and suppliers are in place and utilised across portfolio to ensure quality of facilities and reduction in costs.
Customer & Stakeholder Management
- Obtain feedback from customers via approved tools, acting on maintenance and facilities management feedback to increase customer satisfaction.
- Act as an ambassador of the company with customers, role modelling personal presentation, politeness and professionalism at all times to Maintenance Operatives and Assistants.
- Communicate effectively, whether face to face, via telephone or in writing, with customers checking understanding and responding to their needs.
- Ensure compliance, security and integrity of any customer data used.
- Exercise initiative in providing excellent customer service and regularly observe Maintenance Team's interaction with customers providing feedback to continuously improve service.
- Build positive working relationships with third party contractors ensuring challenges are overcome swiftly and service provided is of consistently high standard.
Develop & Manage Teams
- Support the recruitment of new Maintenance Operatives and Assistants when required.
- Identify training needs of Maintenance team and work with HR & Training Manager to address any developmental areas.
- Support in the induction of new Maintenance team members helping them to be fully operational within role in a timely fashion.
- Support communication of objectives, strategy and responsibilities within Maintenance team to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Support in the management of resourcing and rotas of Maintenance team to ensure people are in the right place at the right time.
- Alongside GMs support in the succession of top performers within the Maintenance team planning for the future and aiming to reduce external recruitment and increase internal promotion.
- Contribute and support the growth of team spirit, working in line with the values and encouraging others to do the same.
Essential Experience Required:
- 10+ years experience in Facilities/Estates/ Maintenance.
-Previous experience in mobilisations/openings of new building(s).
- Previous experiences in contracts management, proven track record of driving improvements in cost and quality of procured products/services.
- Intermediate level skills in business operating systems including Microsoft office.
- Demonstrable experience of effective communication both orally and in writing.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in technical maintenance, specialist plant/plumbing/electrical/HVAC.
- Ability to work across locations in London.
- Live within a reasonable travel distance to properties within the city.
The successful candidate must be able to provide excellent references and be willing to undergo full vetting checks.