Our client is currently seeking a Live-In Residential Porter to oversee the day to day running of a luxury residential apartment block in St Johns Wood, London NW8. Hours of will be Monday to Friday and 08:00 - 17:00. This is a live in position that comes with a 1 bedroom flat as part of the package.
- Site security is of the utmost importance. You must therefore ensure that you are alert at all times paying particular attention to the security of the entrance doors and other points of entry to the building.
- Carry out all cleaning of common areas internal and external. Ensure good standards of cleanliness at all times.
- Collect refuse each morning from outside flats and deposit in refuse bins at the front of the building. Ensure bin area is kept clean and tidy.
- To greet and assist residents. Checking and screening of visitors and guests, contractors and service personnel at all times displaying good customer relation skills.
- To deal with all enquiries, by callers to the property and by telephone/fax/email. Liaison between residents, contractors and service providers as required.
- To maintain a log book of all incidents and ensure that all other documents such as key books are maintained appropriately. Keep accurate records of any accidents.
- Maintain fire safety and other maintenance files up to date and report any issues.
- To ensure that the entrance, common parts, stairwells and fire exits are clear of obstructions.
- To undertake inspections of all areas of the building daily and to ensure that they are kept clean and tidy and that lighting is operational.
- To assist (and supervise when required) all contractors employed at the property as necessary.
- Liaise with the Managing Agents in regard to any damage caused to the property.
- To assist in checking that all fire precautions are in operation and that appliances are in working order. To deal with fire alerts in accordance with in house procedures. Test the fire alarm weekly.
- To report any wants of repairs to the Managing Agents.
Previous experience working in luxury residential apartments would be desirable. The successful candidate must be able to provide excellent references and be willing to undergo full vetting checks.