Our client is seeking a professional, experienced Arabic speaking Head Porter to work in a Luxury Residential building in South West London.
Your duties include:
- Supervision of Staff: To ensure the duties of any staff are carried out in accordance to their specific job descriptions and contracts of employment to a satisfactory standard. To ensure the correct behavior of all staff, implement the relevant training, ensure staff always maintain a professional appearance and to report any misconduct directly to the managing agents. To instigate the appropriate disciplinary action in consultation as appropriate. To prepare all staff rotas to ensure all shifts are adequately covered, together with Holiday & sickness cover.
- Contractors Monitor: To ensure that all cleaning to the communal areas is being carried out in accordance with the terms of reference. To ensure that all contractors employed complete all jobs to a satisfactory manner, to standards and within timescales specified by either the Building Manager, Landlords or managing agents.
- Plant & Machinery: Ensure that the maintenance schedules are adhered to; that operational checks are carried out and recorded.
- General: Ensure that contractors comply with requirements regarding; Health & Safety, Parking, Disposal of Refuse, Limitation of working hours.
- Health & Safety: To ensure that all site-specific Health & Safety requirements are adhered to e.g. maintain an approved Accident Book, ensuring all incidents are reported & investigated as appropriate etc.
- Fire Prevention: Carry out an ongoing review of fire prevention matters and ensure that staff, contractors and residents comply with the requirements under current legislation. To ensure staff fire training is up to date and to keep all appropriate records. To ensure that all fire doors are kept closed and fire escapes exits are always kept clear from obstructions or unauthorized items.
- Cleanliness: Ensure that all the staff adhere to a high standard of personal & work-place cleanliness in accordance with their terms of reference.
- Meetings: To attend such meetings as required by Managing Agent.
- Customer Relations: Maintain good customer relations at all times, dealing with complaints and subsequent action. Ensure that the highest levels of customer care & service are maintained at all times.
- Deliveries: Maintain a secure method of notification and control of parcels and large delivered items.
- Key Control: Maintain a key control system to ensure the safekeeping of both residents and building keys at all times; to ensure that key disclaimer forms are completed prior to the release of keys to a third party.
- Porters Office Administration: Ensure that adequate records are kept of all residents, security issues, Health & Safety breaches or issues, together with all maintenance schedules, ensure that cleaning
- Managing Agents: maintain contact with Managing Agent to advise them of all relevant issues, but in particular: all emergencies, health and safety issues, breaches of the lease, serious defects, any matter likely to be the subject of formal complaints, breaches of discipline by any member of staff, all breaches of contract by any contractor. To supply details monthly of overtime returns and staff absences.
- Inspections; To ensure that regular inspections (at least twice daily) are made of the building to check maintenance, security, Health & Safety issues etc.
- Any other work requested by, and deemed appropriate by, the Managing Agent and Directors of the buildings' Management Company.
Hours: Mon - Fri - 35 Hour week
- Routine DIY and decorating experience
- Previous security experience
- Arabic Speaker
The post holder will need to become qualified, if not already so, in the following:
- Fire Marshal
- Emergency Evacuation training
- Ladder Safety Awareness
- Asbestos awareness training
- Manual handling training
- Emergency First Aid at Work.