An exciting opportuity has come up with an award winnning student accommodation company to work as an assistant national facilites manager.
Working closely with the GFM to ensure that all sites are managed and supported in an efficient and effective manner whilst sustaining a condition appropriate to their use. This includes overseeing an integrated programme of construction, refurbishment and maintenance projects and managing the performance delivery of hard FM.
1. To assist in the creation of operational budgets in relation to health, safety and building
2. To assist in the coordination, and oversee as necessary, site refurbishments and
renovations undertaken through a diligent tender process.
3. To assist in the development and implementation of a facility management programme
including planned, reactive and life-cycle maintenance.
4. To assist in the supervision of maintenance and repairs of buildings and equipment as
5. To provide guidance on the installation, servicing and maintenance strategies of all
mechanical and electrical services.
6. To assist the wider team to ensure that all properties are compliant with standards and
7. To conduct and document regular site inspections, reviews and audits, producing reports
and making recommendations for action.
8. To support Managers to maintain safe systems, providing specialist advice, coaching and
9. To take a leading role in energy management, collecting utility data and delivering carbon
10. Assist in the procurement of FM service contracts, consultancy support and new works
contracts in accordance with the companies financial and procurement policies and
11. To provide a high quality service to our clients based on agreed service standards.
12. To assist in the implementation of continuous improvement and development
strategies. Present and implement new ideas to advance the scope and quality of
company service deliverables.
13. To assist in all FM business planning activities and contribute to strategy.
14. To carry out audits and evaluate the effectiveness of business management systems.
15. To lead and be point of contact for all aspects of the CAFM system, generating, preparing
and reporting on task allocation.
16. Prepare and present regular reports on contractual performance.
17. To engage with service providers / supply chain to ensure a standardised compliance and
auditable processes if followed; creation and delivery of a programme of legislative
18. Appraise and re-engineer business processes and procedures; making recommendations
of ways to 'do business' more effectively and efficiently.
19. To work proactively with all stakeholders to establish and maintain a system that
promotes a culture of safe working practices across the organisation.
20. To assist in the identification of training needs for employees and develop and deliver
training if required.
21. To assist in insurance claims, ensuring monies are recovered effectively and efficiently
whilst minimising any disruption to operational output.
22. To assist in the mobilisation of new properties ensuring seamless transition and / or
implementation of company policy, procedures and / or practices.
Ideal candidate must be located in the midlands and must have a full clean driving licence.