Our client is currently seeking an experienced General Manager to oversee the day to day management of a super high end, new build luxury residential scheme in the West End.
A General Manager is required for an exclusive residential development of 55 luxury apartments in the heart of Marylebone Village, London. The scheme has a variety of residents' amenities and service levels comparable to a five-star hotel. Practical completion is anticipated in September 2017 however the successful candidate will join the team sooner to mobilise the site and establish and implement the scheme of management for the property.
The individual will have significant experience as a residential property/estate manager, preferably with high end and amenity-rich schemes (and/or hospitality experience) and will bring skills with them that have been acquired in these areas, including:
- Ability to deal with and establish excellent relationships with residents, contractors, team
members alike and an understanding of the needs of high profile and high net worth individuals
- Delivering the highest levels of service and setting the bar for luxury residential developments in the area
- Technically competent with good knowledge of M&E, construction, building and maintenance
practices (a site engineer will be part of the team)
- Project and contract management experience
- Ability to lead and manage a team in a personable and inspiring manner
- Health & Safety knowledge or preferably qualifications
- Experience of dealing with service charge budgets of at least £1,000,000
- Highly organised with good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, collaborative, hands-on approach to enable success in a dynamic environment
- BIFM qualification and/or IRPM qualification preferred
Work in collaboration with the managing agents' consultancy and completion teams to:
- Implement scheme of management and standard operating procedures
- Engage in tender process and enter into service and maintenance contracts, agree SLAs
- Implement staffing strategies including recruitment, induction and training of staff
- Create of service level expectations, KPIs, incentives
- Produce collateral including concierge manual, input on residents' handbook, O&M manuals,
handover process documents, reporting procedures
- Implement property management software/systems
Work in collaboration with the managing agent's, service charge accounting and HR teams:
- Provide a best in class property management service provision across the scheme
- First port of call and 'Face' of the development for client, residents and other service providers
- Management of staff team. Ensure that all aspects of staff training and welfare requirements are identified and formally reviewed.
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling
- Managing contractors and administration of contracts including audits and inspections of supplier delivery and reporting on supplier performance against agreed SLAs
- Managing licences, insurances, other statutory and legal requirements
- Conduct regular audits of all estate areas to ensure that standards are upheld throughout, both in upfront public spaces and back-of-house service areas
- Assist with the review of annual service charge budgets
Previous experience working as an Estate/Property Manager is essential. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo full vetting checks and be willing to undergo full vetting checks.