The General Manager (GM) is responsible for delivering exceptional and consistent service to both the current and potential Residents of a large Build to Rent development launching in Birmingham. The GM is responsible for managing and mentoring the onsite team, overseeing resident communication and engagement, budgeting and contractor management.
The hours for this particular role are Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.
Leading and overseeing an on site lettings and management team to ensure the successful delivery of services to the residents and the client.
To ensure a high level of customer service is provided to residents at all times, all statutory H&S requirements are met and engage with residents to create a sense of community within the building and to be fully conversant with all aspects of this building.
· Provide first class customer service to residents
· Ensuring all enquires and repairing issues are dealt with in line with agreed service levels
· Forging productive relationships with key service partners and seeking economies of scale for the efficient running of the building
· Organising and running tenant services via third parties and in house
· Coordinating up to date resident communication via various channels including social media
· Creating a community feel through communication, events and innovations
Letting and marketing
· ensure available apartments and communal areas are presented at the highest possible standards at all times
· Set market rents for lettings and renewals
· Co-ordinate marketing activity on portals, social media and advertising, in line with client budget
· Ensure available apartments and communal areas are presented at the highest possible standards at all times
· Communicate and engage with applicants in line with brand values and agreed service levels
· Oversee performance and where necessary train team members on lettings and admin functions, customer service and communication
· Oversee the co-ordination of renewal communications and negotiations
Building and Apartment Management
· To oversee the property management function, dealing with all maintenance and repairing issues
· Carrying out regular inspections of communal areas and apartments
· Responsible for Health and Safety compliance coordination utilising the client's systems; liaising with the FM team as required
· Dealing with litigation and insurance claims as required
· Managing the various contractors appointed to provide services to the apartments and building
· Being the first point of contact for commercial tenants within the development
· Line manager responsibilities for the on site team
· Conducting performance appraisals
· Maintaining the motivation and engagement of the on site team
Asset Performance Management
· Providing regular asset performance reports and attending regular meetings with line manager
· Driving rental growth, ensuring that rents in the building are maximised yet competitive within the local market
· Managing the building expenditure budget and ensuring value for money from suppliers, maximising the net operating income
· Establishing and delivering additional income streams where appropriate
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and the individual will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the evolution of the role within the building.