Uxbridge, London UB10
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000pa
We're looking for an experienced Estate/Maintenance Manager on a permanent basis for one of our residential sites in Uxbridge. In this role you'll provide exceptional customer service to a wide variety of residents, leaseholders, clients, contractors and colleagues.
This is a varied and fast-paced position where you'll take ownership of queries and see them through to completion with the full support of your colleagues.
The role would suit someone with -
- Customer service/engagement skills (possibly with some hospitality experience)
- Experience of supporting the management of on site contractors
- A proactive approach to resolving site based issues
- The ability and willingness to be assertive and manage difficult customer interactions and tackle potentially contentious/emotive community issues (such as the travel plan).
- The ability and willingness to be hands on regarding the appearance of the site, attending to immediate maintenance needs when possible
- Day to day responsibility for the performance of the customer focused estate & facilities management services and site presentation standards.
- Act as a focal point for resident engagement on the estate, building trust in estate services and the relationships between all parties.
- Take ownership of day-to-day maintenance and service requirements, providing supervision of contactors and adopting a hands-on approach to light maintenance/estate cleanliness tasks and responsive service needs;
- Drive estate presentation standards to rival other estates of a similar nature.
- Management and promotion of the travel plan, promoting sustainable travel to residents, commercial occupiers and other stakeholders of the development e.g the school through schemes such as e.g. car share, car club, cycle loan schemes. Arrange events that encourage this e.g. Bike Week, Walk to work days, Lift share days etc.
- Responsibility for on-site Health & Safety.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Previous experience in estate and/or facilities management including some time with an established property management/FM provider or a similar role
- Previous experience of delivering services to a very high level of quality in a customer facing environment.
- Proven operational management experience, including on complex schemes.
- Full awareness of the latest developments in estate management, new build housing estates and travel planning requirements.
- Any relevant qualifications in Property Management, Customer Service, Health and Safety or Facilities Management would be advantageous.
- The job holder will be passionate about service delivery and sustainable transport and will display an exemplary level of personal pride in the day to day management of the estate.
- Fully accepting of accountability and ownership with an unfaltering dedication to deliver on commitments made internally and to customers.
- A "can-do" attitude, willingness to assist and take a hands-on approach to individually respond to service needs.
- Outgoing and positive demeanour, involvement in promotional activities will be required.
- Good communication, customer relations and problem solving skills.
- Team Player and ability to work in an environment of collective responsibility.
- IT literate and strong interpersonal skills.
- Confident and resilient, confidence to liaise with all parties particularly where there may be areas of potential conflict, not afraid to deal with parties who may not agree with the intended approach to estate management and or travel planning.
- Underlying desire to deliver the best client experience possible.