Our client in Greenwich, London SE7 is currently recruiting for an Estate Manager/Handyman to handle the day to day management of a residential development.
Rota: Monday - Friday; 7am - 3pm
1. Ensure the security of the site and buildings by checking that all entrance doors lock securely and are kept locked at all times and through other tasks as may be necessary.
2. Study and become familiar with the regulations contained within the lease and otherwise set out and ensure that regulations such as use of gardens, work of contractors, keeping stairwells clear and noise restrictions, for example, are adhered to.
3. As requested and ensuring that residents acknowledge no liability is transferred, retain as requested spare keys for properties at the site and sign these in/out during normal working hours.
4. Maintain an up-to-date list of emergency service and contractors' telephone numbers.
5. Act as initial point of contact for and facilitate the work of contractors appointed and ensure they are signed in and out when completing works onsite. Check that contractors appointed by residents and lessees are acting within the terms of the lease and subsidiary regulations.
1. Ensure that litter is removed from around the estate.
2. Complete full walk around / inspection of development grounds and buildings and report any issues to the managing agent / repair if possible.
3. Check to see if any vehicles are parked without the necessary permit and report any to Parking Control Management. Report any potentially abandoned vehicles to the managing agent.
4. Ensure that there are no obstructions in the entrance halls and keep clear all internal staircases of any rubbish.
5. Check that no prams, cycles or any other items are stored in the common parts.
1. Check operation of entry phone system and door closer mechanisms and report faults to managing agents.
2. Check the cycle racks for damaged and abandoned bicycles and stick on the necessary notices (to remove the bicycle).
3. Carry out an inspection of the entire estate to check for leaking gutters, blocked drains or damage to down pipes, steps, paths, walls, grounds generally. Report defects to the managing agents.
4. Check that adequate levels of light bulbs are held on site and order as necessary through the managing agents or as instructed.
5. Collate all delivery notes, receipts, etc. relating to the work and pass to the managing agents using the appropriate format. At the same time send a concise report on matters arising during the week, including repair and maintenance visits.
DUTIES TO BE CARRIED OUT AS NECESSARY
1. Liaise with any residents in relation to personal effects that have been left in the communal areas and ensure that disposal/removal is arranged by them. This is particularly appropriate to large bulky items such as cookers, fridges, etc.
2. Check and deal with any matters reported by residents.
3. Notify the Managing agents where works are being carried out within individual flats which may require a License for Alteration. If a License for Alteration is issued to ensure the residents adhere to the terms of the License, especially restrictions on times of work.
4. Tasks to be carried out over the course of the year to include, watering of gardens in summer and collection of leaves in winter / jet washing the grounds of the development / cyclical repair and painting of communal doors and other areas of the development and any other tasks directed residents or the managing agent.
5. All other property related duties necessary or as directed for the general well-being of the property and in the interest of good estate management should be carried out.
Previous residential management experience is beneficial.