Our client is seeking a weekday porter to join their team at a high end building of 50+ luxury flats in Knightsbridge, South West London.
This person will be expected to cover any other member of staff on annual leave (this includes the cleaner, caretaker & other concierge staff) when required.
The successful candidate must have previous experience working in a 4/5* hotel or at high-end establishments such as residential apartments.
Porters are expected to be courteous, conscientious, alert, willing to assist residents, guests, visitors and fellow employees at all times, with good communication and report writing skills and be able to act on their own initiative when required. Their dress and appearance must be smart, clean and orderly at all times.
The main objective of the position is to cover staff holidays, at other times to follow the below work timetable;
Normal working week hours
Monday - 9am-6pm
Tuesday - 9am-6pm
Wednesday - 9am-6pm
Thursday - 9am-6pm
Friday - 1pm-10pm
Saturday - Day off
Sunday - Day off
You will be expected to complete one week's paid trial before being offered the permanent role.
- Undertaking typical portering duties
- To be present at the Reception Desk to assist residents, visitors and colleagues as and when requested
- To ensure that the highest levels of customer care and service are maintained at all times. Deal effectively with complaints, take the correct action and remain courteous at all times
- To check and screen all visitors and any contractor staff, ensuring that they have permission to be present in the building. Report any suspicious/unusual behaviour, calling the police if necessary
- To maintain the security of the building at all times, e.g. carry out regular patrols of the entire building, monitoring of CCTV, dealing with any disturbances and reporting any faults and/or security breaches found to the Building Manager
- To ensure the tidiness of the forecourt, driveway, gardens and building perimeter and assist with the cleanliness of public areas outside
- To carry out minor maintenance duties where necessary and in particular, out of normal maintenance working hours, e.g. dealing with faults, leaks and changing of light bulbs
- To comply with all relevant internal rules, policies and procedures including those relating to Health & Safety, data protection and those contained within the issued Employee Handbook
The person will need to be able to communicate at all levels, as they will for the most part be the first point of contact for residents/visitors, have a professional helpful manner, be of smart appearance, have the ability to provide a high quality service to all residents and visitors and portray a professional image at all times.
The successful candidates must be able to provide excellent references and be willing to undergo full vetting checks.