Our client is seeking a Day Porter to join their team at a high end building of 50+ luxury flats in Knightsbridge, South West London.
The successful candidate must have previous experience working at high-end establishments such as residential apartments or a 5 star hotel.
Hours of Work
The typical hours are shown below, but this will change when undertaking holiday cover. The role includes providing full time cover for all on site staff when they are on holiday, which will include the night shift porters (10-12 hours per shift) and cleaning staff (4 hours per shift). We therefore need someone who is able to work flexible working hours with a maximum working week of 45 hours, covering 5 days per week, which will be managed by the on site Building Manager.
Cover for all staff holidays, cleaning and night/day porterage, which will include weekend work
- Undertaking typical portering duties
- To be present at the Reception Desk to assist residents, visitors and colleagues as and when requested
- To ensure that the highest levels of customer care and service are maintained at all times. Deal effectively with complaints, take the correct action and remain courteous at all times
- To check and screen all visitors and any contractor staff, ensuring that they have permission to be present in the building. Report any suspicious/unusual behaviour, calling the police if necessary
- To maintain the security of the building at all times, e.g. carry out regular patrols of the entire building, monitoring of CCTV, dealing with any disturbances and reporting any faults and/or security breaches found to the Building Manager
- To ensure the tidiness of the forecourt, driveway, gardens and building perimeter and assist with the cleanliness of public areas outside
- To carry out minor maintenance duties where necessary and in particular, out of normal maintenance working hours, e.g. dealing with faults, leaks and changing of light bulbs
- To comply with all relevant internal rules, policies and procedures including those relating to Health & Safety, data protection and those contained within the issued Employee Handbook
The person will need to be able to communicate at all levels, as they will for the most part be the first point of contact for residents/visitors, have a professional helpful manner, be of smart appearance, have the ability to provide a high quality service to all residents and visitors and portray a professional image at all times.
The successful candidates must be able to provide excellent references and be willing to undergo full vetting checks.