Our client is currently seeking a Concierge/Caretaker to work at a luxury residential apartment building in Stratford, East London. Working hours will be 09:00-17:00 from Monday-Friday.
- To assume a residential on-site role and provide a point of contact for the residents and their needs.
- To ensure that the property is run smoothly and to provide a security presence and administration assistance where necessary. The front of house position will be predominantly situated at the main reception desk however the concierge will be required to undertake general caretaking duties.
This is predominantly a front of desk position. The individual will be expected to be situated at the main reception desk for a majority of the working day. However, they will also be required to do errands and assist the residents where necessary.
- To provide all necessary services to the residents as per the instructions of senior management.
- To communicate efficiently with all other members of staff, the residents, guests and on-site contractors.
- Responsible for the welcoming residents and guests to the property.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and comfort of the reception area and common parts at all times.
- To respond proactively to resident requests. Always respond a timely and polite manner.
- During working hours, you will be located at the reception desk except when carrying out any required work within the building.
- You will be required to carry out a minimum of two inspections of the common areas of the building. At the end of your shift, you must ensure the property is kept clean, tidy and that all electrical/ technological appliances are in good working conditions at all times.
- While manning the main reception desk, you may be required to carry out a variety of administration and office tasks.
- At all times you are to ensure the security of the building is not jeopardised in any way.
- You are to assist residents at all times together with their guests and visitors when and where required. It should be remembered that your duty is to the residents as a whole, however please note that any assistance given to any individual should not distract from your duties required to the whole.
- To perform all necessary porter duties. These duties include, but are not limited to: carrying luggage / packages for residents, running errands (if cover available), cleaning duties as and when required, any other physical activity as required.
- To receive and distribute all mail. All registered mail and deliveries should be logged before distribution to the individual apartments.
- Ensure that you are always courteous, polite and positive to residents, guests, suppliers and the public in general.
- To monitor all persons at the property and ensure they have a right to be present.
- To answer the telephone and deal with general enquiries. To log messages, requests & events.
- To monitor the presence of workmen working within the building and supervise their activities to ensure minimum disturbance to residents.
- Co-ordinate access and building systems from front desk suite and monitor and react to alarms as directed.
- Liaise with Emergency Services as required.
- Log and report any incidence of disrepair by using the appropriate procedure / tool at your disposal. Immediately inform senior management of the incidence. This should include all building defects, plumbing, heating and lighting in the common parts, 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week. Where such defects are considered an emergency they should be reported to senior management immediately.
Previous experience working in high end residential buildings would be desirable.
The successful candidate must be able to provide excellent references and be willing to undergo full DBS and reference checks.
0207 436 0360