VERTO HR are currently looking for a Residential Caretaker to work in a high-end residential development based in Danbury, Essex.
Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm (40 hours per week)
Salary: £21,000 - 22,000pa
Start Date: Immediate
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The following duties will be carried out; however, this list in not exhaustive as there may be other tasks which arise from time to time.
- To meet and greet the residents, answer enquiries by telephone, email or assist vistors to the development. Assist the residents, guests and visitors with reasonable tasks and requests; to be dealt with efficiently.
- To ensure that the highest levels of customer care and service are maintained at all times.
- Ensure effective security of residents and the development at all times including manning any CCTV and aid the smooth running of car parking facilities.
- Check and screen all visitors and guests, ensuring they have permission to be present in the building. Reporting any suspicious/unusual behavior to the line manager or call the police if necessary.
- Control all contractors on site, making sure that each of them signs in and has the correct permit to work on the development if instructed by head office.
- Correct reporting of any security/health and safety issues, incidents and complaints. Taking appropriate action in the event of an emergency and immediately advising your line manager.
- Responsibility for all deliveries to the development, receiving and safekeeping of all parcels/registered mail if requested to do so by residents. Correct issuing of all parcels/registered mail with a record which must be signed by residents. Notify residents of any deliveries and to arrange collection from the concierge office. All parcels need to be logged.
- To coordinate, monitor, control and maintain the key control system to ensure the safekeeping of both residents and building keys and to ensure that the key disclaimer forms are completed prior to the release of keys to a third party.
- Pro-actively deal with any maintenance and cleaning problems identified within the development and regularly carry out site inspections to identify and minimize any issues. This involves escorting and supervising contractors around the communal areas of the development as may be necessary.
- Ensure that the maintenance schedules are adhered to for contractors on site and that operational checks are carried out and recorded. Additionally, to ensure that the operational health and safety items in the policy manuals are being adhered to.
- Spread salt if needed during the winter months to ensure pathways are clear of ice.
- Paint white posts in the driveway annually
- Keep the tennis courts, bike and bin store tidy by regularly sweeping and removing debri and fallen leafs.
- Sweep all paths and biannually jet wash them.
- Keep communal exterior lighting working
- Clean internal common areas of the palace on a daily bais.
You are expected to be flexible and undertake reasonable additional duties as required by the managing agent.
The uniform you are required to wear is smart/casual. Please wear an ironed shirt at all times and be well presented.
Whilst on-site, you should refrain from smoking, swearing or shouting, being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs, behaving unsociably, watching TV, sleeping, eating, congregating with others or conducting yourself in a manner deemed unsuitable by members of senior staff.
Successful applicant must provide two references.
If you are interested in hearing more, please apply with your up to date CV attached.