Hours: The work is split between 2 buildings
Building 1.) Monday to Friday - 08:00am to 10:45am
Building 2.) Monday to Friday - 11:00am to 12:00pm
£7.89ph - This role will be temporary to permanent based on performance. Based on 20 hours worked per week the Permanent salary would be £9,980.
- At the start of each day, to walk around the estate to check for any obvious problems that may require attention and take appropriate action to resolve problems that are found.
- Any loose litter/debris/leaves to be swept up, collected and disposed of appropriately.
- Development Security: All unknown visitors are to be politely challenged, asked whom they are visiting, and given appropriate directions.
- The Caretaker should use his/her best judgment at all times with regard to allowing visitor access and maintaining resident confidentiality.
- To manage and maintain the door entry fob database and provide additional fobs to residents in line with company procedures.
- To check all internal and external estate lighting on a weekly basis and arrange appropriate repairs where necessary. To keep a log of all inspections.
- To check that all service cupboard & plant room doors are locked and secure and to contact the main office if any issues are noted.
- Ensure that the refuse bins are organised for collection on the appropriate days.
- Ensure that the bin stores are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure that the entrances are inspected on arrival and before leaving.
- Liaise with and allow access to contractors and utility companies working on site as required.
- Report all items of maintenance and all items of leasehold breaches to the Main office as required and undertake any additional instructions issued by our Main office.
- The caretaker will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the internal and external communal areas, briefly comprising.
- Litter picking all hard surfaces including paths and driveways within the estate on a regular basis.
- To clean and vacuum where appropriate all communal entrance areas
- Daily - dust or polish all internal cills, ledges pictures in entrance areas etc.
- Daily - clean all internal glass surfaces and external glass surfaces to the entrance area doors where applicable. Clean all mirrors and any other communal furniture in entrance areas.
- Weekly - Clean all internal communal areas of the Apartment buildings.
- Ensure that the bin stores are swept, disinfected and kept in clean and tidy condition.
- Ensure service cupboards are secure and no items are stored in these areas at any time.
- Keep the office and welfare facilities, including the Kitchen area and Toilet clean and tidy at all times.
- Keep a diary of duties undertaken each day, record any problems that may arise and record all contractors on site.
- Undertake any additional tasks requested from time to time by the line manager.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / ACCOUNTABILITY
- Responsibility for resources - equipment, facilities, computer.
- Residents / Customers
- Main Office