We are currently seeking a caretaker to work within a development of luxury, residential apartments. Their aim is o achieve a smooth run building, maintained to a high standard and a pleasant atmosphere for the residents, by providing a secure and responsible point of contact for all residents.
The individual will be expected to ensure that the site remains clean, tidy and well maintained at all times. The working hours are Monday to Friday from 0800hrs to 1700hrs with a 1 hour lunch break.
- To provide an on site presence from Monday to Friday and act as a point of contact for residents and visitors.
- Handle post and parcels and maintain the post room.
- Whilst on site, to be contactable via mobile phone by residents, delivery agents and contractors.
- Cleaning of the communal areas (reception, gym, five carpeted hallways, one hard wood floor hallway etc.).
- Cleaning of the stairwells, car park and plaza areas.
- Litter picking of the stairwells, car park and plaza (and other areas as necessary).
- Managing the bin room including emptying small bins in car park, cleaning and maintaining the bin chutes, dealing with dumped items as well as managing logistics of local authority refuse collection.
- To carry out a weekly fire alarm test and emergency lighting check.
- To carry out a daily, visual, site inspections during a walk around.
- General building maintenance (i.e. repairing scratched walls, graffiti removal or fixing minor leaks).
- To liaise with the residents and provide gradual building improvement in priority order (e.g. repainting fountain)
- To be courteous, polite and positive to residents, guests, suppliers and the general public.
- To monitor all persons on site and ensure they have a right to be present.
- To monitor the presence of workmen working within the building and supervise their activities to ensure minimum disturbance to residents.
- Liaise with Emergency Services as required.
- Log and report any building faults to the property manager where they cannot be resolved in the first instance. Where such defects are considered an emergency they should be reported to the property manager immediately.
- Report and monitor Health & Safety issues and ensure a safe working practice is adhered to.
- Carry out any additional duties as directed.
- Be flexible and have a hands approach. Please offer help and assistance to others where you can.
Person Skills Profile:
- Experience in cleaning/housekeeping, property maintenance and customer service.
- Confidence and discretion to be used when liaising with residents.
- Ability to take ownership of an operation when alone.
- Professional, precise, courteous and dedicated.
Skill / Career Experience Required:
- Experience in cleaning / maintenance role.
- Experience and involvement with a facilities management role.
- Basic IT skills.
- Customer Service experience.
- Sharp eye for detail.
- Passion for delivering outstanding service.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to cope with pressure.
Able to multi task and still deliver a top quality service.