Our client is seeking a Building Manager to oversee the day to day management of a luxury residential apartment building in Central London. Hours of work are 08:00-16:30, working Mon - Fri.
The role has a heavy focus on undertaking maintenance duties and our client are seeking someone with a background of managing communal boilers and leisure facilities including a pool.
Purpose & Scope of Post:
To ensure that the common parts of the building are safe, secure and maintained to a high standard and to deliver a courteous and helpful service to residents and their visitors.
It should be borne in mind when conducting your duties that your duties are towards the building as a whole, rather than any individual lessee or lessees of the building. If in any doubt as to whether a request falls within your remit then you should consult with the managing agent.
- Excellent organisation skills / Time Management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines.
- A strong customer focus and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and demonstrable skills in building maintenance and dealing with maintenance issues
- The ability to liaise with customers and people from all backgrounds and levels
- IT skills including Microsoft, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with employees and suppliers at all level.
- Efficient and organised with the ability to make decisions and use initiative where required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To ensure a high level of Health & Safety is maintained in the building.
2. To ensure a high level of security is maintained at the building.
3. To take responsibility in a crisis, (e.g. Fire, flood, intruders), and take appropriate action.
4. To be courteous and helpful to all residents and their guests and to contractors employed by the residents or by the building.
5. Working with the Managing Agent, ensure the communal areas are well maintained and that all necessary repairs and upgrades are carried out promptly, efficiently and effectively. Report any concerns you may have with regard to the standard of work carried out to the Managing Agent.
6. To monitor the presence of workmen around the building and supervise their activities to ensure minimum disturbance to residents and that they adhere to the Rules and Regulations of the building.
7. To monitor the attendance of all service/maintenance contractors to ensure they meet their obligations under their contract. Ensure that they are maintaining their respective log books and all works sheets are kept safe and in an orderly fashion.
8. To supervise the cleaners to ensure the buildings high standards are maintained an in accordance with the cleaning schedule. Report any concerns to the Managing Agent.
9. To ensure the asbestos register is readily available to any contractor working in the building. In the event that an asbestos containing material is identified, immediately restrict access to the area and report the matter to the managing agent. No further access to the area should be permitted under any circumstances until the situation has been assessed by a qualified H&S consultant.
10. To walk the entire building on a daily basis, checking for any maintenance or health and safety issues, including all plant rooms. To check weekly that the emergency telephones in the lifts work correctly. Immediately report any problems to the managing agent.
11. To patrol the underground car park and control access ensuring that no unauthorised vehicles park inside the car park.
12. To deal with all general telephone enquiries effectively and efficiently.
13. To monitor and operate the CCTV system effectively.
14. To undertake any ad-hoc duties as and when required by the managing agents and client.
15. To ensure that all residents adhere to the Rules and Regulations.
Previous experience working in maintenance based roles is essential as this position is very hands on and will involve heavy duty caretaking/maintenance duties. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo full vetting checks.