About the role
An exciting opportunity to work with a fast growing student accommodation provider. You will be working with the Hall Manager to assist with the day to day running of the property.
To assist the Hall Manager with the following:
* The recruitment and appointment of all staff and their induction, welfare, discipline and training.
* Administration of all employees' administration records. Responsibilities for ensuring legal requirements are met including Health & Safety at Work, COSHH, Employment Protection Acts, Equal Rights Legislation and the Housing Act.
* Purchasing, regulation and monitoring of all equipment
* Regular inspections of all residential accommodation for the purpose of verifying residents Health & Safety, checking for damage or misuse of facilities and for the maintenance of correct standards of cleanliness, hygiene and provision.
* Maintaining adequate arrangements for security and safety including the inspection of fire fighting equipment and detectors and the enforcement of safety procedures in emergency situations.
* Accounting and collection of money from residents. This will include damage and security deposits and calculation of individual amounts payable, telephone account payments, laundry card credits etc.
* Undertaking and assessment and recording of damage deposit deductions and the notification of refunds.
* Assistance of the preparation of monthly and end of year accounts for presentation to the Finance Director.
* Involvement in student discipline issues as and when required.
* The programming of necessary computer equipment for the Internet links and for the setting up of telephone accounts. Training will be provided.
* Assisting in the marketing, sales and reservation of accommodation for students, guests and visitors.
* Maintaining adequate arrangements for the removal of refuse, ensuring the general tidiness of the surrounding land, courtyard and car park.
* To ensure that the site is secure at all times including safe access to buildings at all times.
* Receiving and distribution of mail for residents.
* Allocation and security of all door entry swipe cards and bedroom keys to residents and appropriate visitors.
* Maintaining administration records for residents during their stay and during vacations.
* Liaison with University Accommodation Offices to provide an update on information and assistance as required. Liaison with external agencies in order to provide effective and efficient services.
* To inform the manager at any time on any aspect of the Hall that they feel may require attention.
The post holder will need to be computer literate with the latest Windows package and the use of spreadsheets.
The ideal candidate will have experience of sales, leisure industry, serviced apartments or general customer service experience.