Overview of the Role
You will work in a purpose built student accommodation scheme as part of a team responsible for the day to day running of the site.
The position is a hands on position which will require you to be able to balance the serious aspects of the role while providing a social and fun atmosphere to create a community where students want to live and work.
Health & Safety
- Ensure all statutory testing is completed on time and recorded as appropriate, ensuring the property fully complies with all relevant legislation.
- Ensure any Health and Safety issues are investigated, taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Regular review risk assessments to ensure sufficient, updating as necessary.
- Participate in an out of hours disaster management plan rota.
- Recruit the right people with the right skills for the team.
- Organise both initial and refresher training with site based employees as required.
- Conduct regular 1-2-1 and appraisals with site team, ensuring clear, concise and achievable targets are set.
- Performance manage underperforming employees in line with policy.
- Responsibility for drafting the annual budget setting process ensuring costs are obtained to provide an accurate forecast of expenditure for the academic year.
- Accountable for maintaining expenditure in line with the approved budget
- Monthly review of expenditure against budget, ensuring commentary is provided for significant variances.
- Liaison with internal accounts team for processing of invoices, production of P&L and general account queries.
- Collection of rents on time, using approved methods.
- Working with the university to ensure debt is kept to a minimum
- Compile management information reports for presentation to senior management.
- Maintain compliance with ANUK code of standards.
- Identify new opportunities to add value to the site and services delivered.
- Ensure building is presented in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- Assessing and organise prompt completion of repairs using in-house staff and contractor.
- Successful completion of termly inspections and the annual deep cleaning process.
- Summer turn around planning to ensure building is fully cleaned and maintained for the next set of arrival for the upcoming academic year.
- Respond to customer and client enquiries in a prompt and courteous manner with the aim to resolve first time and to the customers satisfaction.
- Produce a social event diary to enhance the customer experience while utilising social media platforms.
- Build and maintain close relationships with local business's, key stakeholders and statutory bodies.
- Ability to adapt style to communicate with clients, universities, student and colleagues.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in difficult situations.
- Good standard of written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates with experience of sales or mobilastion preferred