The PMR Group consists of recruitment and HR services businesses that work within the residential property management industry, across the UK.
We employ in excess of 400 people and have a turnover of over £7M.
We work with our clients to recruit, train, manage and motivate staff that provide Caretaking, Concierge and Estate Management services on their developments.
Part of our offering to our clients is an in-house HR service that they can call upon for assistance in dealing with a wide range of day to day HR issues, alongside occasionally more complex HR work, such as re-structuring, redundancies and managing more involved Grievance and Disciplinary issues.
We are looking to grow our existing accounts office in Chippenham to include our HR and admin functions and so this is a new role at that location.
The HR Advisor is the main person responsible for delivering a professional and client facing HR service in our company, Verto HR, which employs c.150 staff.
We must emphasise that this role is client facing, delivering HR services is about what we are selling, so we are looking for a candidate who is able to explain how we can deal effectively with whatever the HR problem our client has, with a commercial mindset.
We are not looking for candidates who want an inward looking, 'corporate' HR role.
Therefore, a lot of the time the Head of HR is engaged in,
- Visiting/advising clients on how best to manage restructures and handle disciplinary issues, with a 'can-do' attitude.
- Formulating standard HR policies and procedures for staff jointly managed with our clients.
- Overseeing the efficient use of our HR system, Cascade and making sure that it is efficiently delivering HR information and is accessible by our staff.
- Overseeing initial Disciplinary and Grievance meetings held by front line managers.
- Ensuring that front line Managers receive suitable training in low level HR issues.
- Managing TUPE transfers
- Advising our Client Account Managers on how to best give 'first contact' advice to clients
- Creating and managing relevant training events for our contracted staff
- Creating and sourcing a suitable recruitment industry training and development for our own internal staff
Unlike many HR roles, this job does not involve much in the way of,
- Recruitment - this is all handled by Client Account Managers
- Appraisals - these are conducted by Client Account Managers and/or Line Managers
- Inductions and Onboarding - beyond providing policies for managers to implement
- Internal HR - beyond occasional advice to the MD
The business is divided into an agency side, where the staff are mainly temporary workers and create very few HR issues and a managed contracting side, where staff are employed on permanent contracts. Clients usually come on board after acquiring staff that they do not wish to employ directly, this side creates the most work with initial contacts being around dealing with issuing new contracts, company policies, TUPE issues and restructuring.
There are a number of personal qualities that we will be looking for in potential candidates, these include,
Commercial Focus - this is a client facing role and we want a candidate that can solve our clients' problems with a very positive, commercial attitude. For this reason, we will ONLY consider candidates from commercial business backgrounds, we are not interested in candidates with solely public or third sector experience.
Flexibility - The ability to find solutions to help our clients achieve their desired outcome. Also the ability to re-prioritise to new, more pressing projects that may arise.
IT Skills - We want candidates who can operate an HR database effectively, to ensure that it works to increase efficiency, employee engagement and provides management with the data they need.
Ideally you will also be a member or associate of the CIPD
Multi-Site Working - We would expect that although you would be based at Chippenham 4 days a week, you may need to travel 1 day per week, this will be mainly be to locations easily reachable by train from Chippenham, such as Bristol, Cardiff, London and occasionally, sites in Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester.