Our client is currently seeking an experienced Facilities Manager to assist the Asset Managers in the smooth and efficient management of a commercial portfolio in Liverpool.
- To be responsible for the implementation of agreed best practice within your managed properties, either by yourself or your team in the following areas: accounting practice, information, communication, procurement, operations including contracts and ad hoc/planned works, statutory compliance, customer service and HR for your team.
- To assist in the implementation and oversee policies and procedures and their inter reaction with the surveying team.
- To assist Asset Managers were necessary.
- To develop a positive and encouraging relationship with your team as a whole and to gather and provide ideas both tactical and strategic where possible to improve and innovate the FM service.
Staff Team Specifics
- To continually develop the FM role and on site team. To identify training needs as appropriate. To keep and manage your own and team members training matrix.
- To act as mentor to site team including day to day guidance and be responsible for their continuing development.
- To ensure that the staff under your management are trained to good standards.
- To undertake performance reviews of your staff.
- To review, control, manage and approve expenses and holiday requests for staff under your control.
- To carry out/ensure site inspections daily, monthly, quarterly as directed by the Asset Manager are carried out and recorded.
- To ensure all tenant fault reporting and day to day issues are dealt with by yourself or your team as they arise and to keep the Asset Managers informed.
- Liaison to advise tenants of changes to management procedures.
- Provide feed back to the Asset Managers on points of concern or unauthorised alterations, improvements or illegal sub tenants etc.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of building guides.
- Assist the Asset Managers with administering the short term lettings in terms of dilapidations and organising deposit refunds etc.
- To proactively use and competently manage Blue Box and DMS for your properties ensuring all PO's are in place for every contract and individual piece of works extra to a contract or ad hoc or planned works.
- To accurately draft and or assist in ensuring all properties have annual service charge budgets in conjunction with the Asset Managers. Operationally costs are to be delivered in line with the service charge budget as far as reasonably practicable within your control. Any deviation is to be agreed with the Asset Managers.
- To ensure that you and your team undertake as a minimum quarterly detailed budget v actual reviews and to notify the Asset Manager of any discrepancies or unexpected / additional un budgeted expense.
- To ensure that coding of all invoices is accurate and follows the service charge budget structure.
- To check that invoices have been allocated in terms of year / cost schedule / headings correctly prior to each reconciliation and assist the Asset Manager / Accounts team with reconciliations and to draft explanation of costs' notes on each cost heading.
- To tender existing and new service contracts.
- To manage suppliers and contractors to ensure compliance with contracts and ensure all KPI's are met.
- To assist with utility management including taking meter reads, logging readings, checking invoices, accounts liaison.
- To set up and maintain a 24 hr help desk and data base for your properties.
- To assist other FM's as necessary with holiday/emergency cover.
- To ensure that all site incidents are logged and closed appropriately in timescales agreed, with records kept up to date.
- To ensure that all contact records and details for tenant, contractor and service provider.
Previous experience in facilities management is essential. The successful candidate must be able to provide excellent references and be willing to undergo full vetting checks.